Skip to main content

Dhaniya Chicken ( Chicken cooked in a spicy, coriander curry)

On one of those days when it rains like hell and you feel too lazy to move out to the common food court, an easy spicy chicken broth provides solace to your mind and cuddles your hunger pangs.

But then because you lllooovveee yourself and you wouldn't want just any chicken broth, there's this awesome chicken broth you can make.It's heartwarming soul food you need on days when the rains seem to dampen your spirits as well as the floor in your house.

Today being one of those days when it rained like hell in Singapore and I was feeling too lethargic to cook anything other than a simple one pot dish, the Coriander Chicken Curry came to my rescue.

It's an incredibly easy recipe and only a couple of ingredients are required to cook this, with least effort I might add.

So here it is friends.

Dhaniya Chicken served with steamed rice/paratha.

      Ingredients : 

  • 1/2 Kg Chicken 
  • 1 cup Curd 
  • 2 cups chopped Coriander 
  • 5 or more Green Chilies 
  • Ginger-Garlic Paste 
  • Turmeric 
  • Red Chili Powder 
  • Coriander Powder 
  • Salt
  • 1/2 Lemon 
  • 1 cup chopped Onions

  • Method
  • Wash the Chicken and then rub a tsp. of salt and half a lime and leave for 10 minutes.
  • Then drain out all liquid and add 2tsp Turmeric, 2 tsp. Red Chili Powder and cup of Curd and mix well. Leave for 1/2 hour.
  • Make a paste of 2 cups chopped coriander and
  • Green Chilies and little water in a blender.
  • Take a kadai and heat some oil.
  • Add 1\2 a cup of chopped Onions and fry till transparent.
  • Add Coriander Powder and Ginger-Garlic Paste and fry till oil separates.
  • Add the paste to kadai cook till all ingredients mix well.
  • Add Salt to taste, mix. Then add the marinating Chicken. Cook on a low heat till all the spices and the chicken has mixed well.
  • Add a cup of warm water, cover and cook till chicken is done.
  • Serve with steamed rice/paratha/roti.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packing Suitcases...

"I have barely traveled outside my own state."..Now that's a statement.Really.I have been staying in my own state West Bengal for the last 29 years of my life.And I have barely traveled outside of it.No,I'm not attached to my city so much,if that's what you are thinking.Its exactly the opposite.I'm a bohemian.I don't have sentimental attachments to places.I never did.My late father used to work in the Government sector and that meant a lot of transfers.I have been to the remotest of villages in West Bengal(Perks of being an honest policeman) with my family ever since I was a kid.I don't remember those days as I was just a toddler but from what my mother has told me,we have often lived in places with no electricity to times when my mother had to keep ducks and hens in the house and sell their eggs in the market to make ends meet(like I said perks of being an honest policeman).But as far as I can remember I was never really very sad to move places.Rathe

Bulbbul : A love affair between nuanced filmmaking and hauntingly-beautiful storytelling

When Netflix released the trailer of Bulbbul, it caught mass attention. Since the lockdown, the viewership-graph shows aundiences worldwide have been screaming for content - good, bad, mediocre, or whatever. Lockdown has inevitably locked us down in our homes and the availability of prime OTT platforms competing against each other to rank among the best of the best, has made viewers spoilt for choice. There's something for everyone and everyone can call dibs now. 2020 is a washout year when it comes to many things, I mean this year has witnessed so many marriage cancellations that don't be surprised if one fine day, we come to know that divorce lawyers have become extinct because no marriages took place in this year. I mean, who will feed the supply-&-demand curve! But this year has also champoined brilliant content which on any other year would have been just meh!!!  We had 'Dark', we had 'You', we had 'Asur', we had 'Why Women Kill', we had

Singapore Diaries 1-The shakti of MDH Masalas and Ma ka pyaar.

On my first International Flight to Singapore through Silk Air I was as excited and petrified as a kid is on the first day of school.The morning of 20th October'15 and the days before that I was an emotional mess to be honest.It was the first time I was leaving my family and going to an unknown country.Now one may say that its the same if I had left Kolkata and gone elsewhere,any other city in India,I would have felt equally alone.But I beg to differ.See the thing is that any other city in India might have been unknown but it would have been the same Country.The people may look different like for example if you shifted to Kashmir or Jammu you might have suffered from a bit of fair-and-lovely complex as people there are all the colour of plaster of paris with a tinge of pink on their cheeks.Similarly if you would have travelled to the south,people may look at you if you are even remotely as fair as me because there the fair-and-lovely complex is in reverse.The dresses may have va